Press Release: 09.25.2015 at 10:00 AM
The Atascadero Unified School District is enthused to report that we have received the remaining results from the environmental sampling for San Gabriel Elementary School, both interior and exterior. The laboratory results confirmed that there were no harmful chemicals detected at the campus and the school environment is 100% safe for return.Classes will resume at San Gabriel Elementary School for students on Monday, September 28, 2015.
Additionally, all transportation will return to their normal routes. School counselors will be available to speak with any students, staff, or parents that desire counseling services. Law enforcement will continue their visible presence and AUSD will provide around the clock monitoring. District Administration will also be available to discuss questions at the site.
The Atascadero Unified School District would like to thank the following community groups for their excellence during this challenging time:
- Students for their outstanding character and academic effort
- AUSD Parents for being advocates for their children and supporting the District
- AUSD Staff for ensuring that our students continued to receive a high quality education
- Santa Rosa Academic Academy and Hope Lutheran Church for providing a safe harbor for our students and staff during the initial evacuation
- The Atascadero Police Department for the rapid response and continued safeguarding of our students
We are looking forward to a successful return to the San Gabriel Elementary School campus on Monday, September 28, 2015, and continuing to educate the top students in the nation.